Happy New Year - Stay Strong

IMG_0429Happy New Year to all Surya Yogis and Yoginis,

Picture it: 1st of January, 2014. 11am. Surya Yoga’s Midtown Hoboken Studio.  40 beautiful Yogis showed up for the New Year’s Day Class, which was brilliantly co-taught by Jason and  Erica.

Believe me, it was an amazing class....thanks Jason for helping us put together this blog together...in his words...

Did you know that for the first time in 19yrs, we had a New Moon on New Year’s Day, something that has supposedly only happened 12 times in the last 300 years??? And on top of the New Moon thing, it was a Super Moon.. And on top of the first New Years SuperMoon, we’re getting another SuperMoon at the close of January.  New Moon / Super Moon, Super Moon 2… In case you’re thinking this sounds like the next installment for a Stephanie Meyers Vampyre film series, it’s not.  This is your reality for 2014.

New Moons are amazing.  They start a new cycle; they set the stage for change. No matter what’s happened, it’s a place to start fresh, to open up your mind and your heart for a new beginning.  And then Super Moons are like New Moons on crack. Energies are intensified, and you can actually see this in the pull of the tides.

So, moons, movement, mind, muscles, and magic collided on New Years Day.  Jason and Erica sequenced a deep hip and heart opening Practice, with specific Attention and Intention to firing up, and then flinging out… lifting and lengthening, then letting go… burning away all the rubbish inside, and throwing out the trash… charging up the entire Being, and then releasing it completely without a care for what just happened.

And that’s what the Surya team wishes for you…  That for the next twelve months, you wipe the slate clean.  And keep it clean.  For once, just allow Existence to wash over you,  and Smile.

Let go of what you think your body should look like, and just live your life. If you’re drawn to P90X or more hot yoga, do it. Enjoy it!

12 Impressively Life-Improving New Year’s Resolutions You Can Learn from Puppies (stuck on Jason's refrigerator)

1. Eat more stuff that smells awesome and makes you feel good.
    2. Poop frequently.
    3. Greet everything with anticipation and excitement.
    4. Pick fights with shoes and pillows.
    5. Smell things that look interesting.
    6. Be less scared of telephones and strangers.
    7. Run outside, jump around, and yell more.
    8. Forget what you were doing and nap instead.
    9. Take care of your genitals.
    10. Be nice to nice people.
    11. Fart without shame.
    12. Worry less about the things you can’t eat or play with.

So, ENJOY this year.  Focus less on what you might be able to do, and just Do. Be. Recognise your own insane beauty, the accomplishments you make when you make them, and let this year surprise you.

Be in the actual Moment you’re in, whenever you can, taking a little mental note of Who you are, How you are, and Where you are… And realize that in that Moment, you are a gorgeous cupcake.  And then let 2014 be your icing.

Namaste, Just Breathe.....

Comments

Security Check
Please enter the text below
CaptchaImage
Can't read text above? Try another text.
Dasefuhu
Friday, Nov 16, 2018 3:29 am
Dasefuhu
Hey!! Thanku you so much for sharing information about blog and also download. instagram bio Instagram usernames instagram captions
johnwaston
Monday, Oct 29, 2018 3:28 pm
johnwaston
Any time you're browsing the net sometimes I find a web page this really is quite thought invoking such as this one. I desired to share that I found the information on your site was particularly interesting and I learned new things. I will be sure to watch out for your future post.. Many thanks for this fantastic write-up I will come again soon. international conference call
jelinaden
Monday, Oct 15, 2018 2:15 pm
jelinaden
The spots we used to possess are still there black friday deals, with new individuals. I happened to look on Zillow at the house I moved out of 25 years back. The cover I put in is still there, the tiles I introduced are still there. it's so extremely bizarre seeing it now.
Chris Greenwalt
Saturday, Oct 6, 2018 1:57 am
Chris Greenwalt
From my entire team of dissertation conclusion help, I would like to wish you all guys happy new year and I am sure that this year will bring lot of good things in your life.
jessicaalex
Saturday, Sep 22, 2018 6:17 am
jessicaalex
You are incredible! I so appreciate what you are doing. I have never liked yoga before! write my college paper for me Many times your bright words come to me through the day when I’m motivated to go to toxic thought life.
shawnkemp
Saturday, Sep 22, 2018 2:57 am
shawnkemp
The affection and joy that participants of Summer Camp feel is extreme when compared with that of some other non-camping celebration that I have been to. Airport Transportation I have gone to a couple of celebrations since my first in 2012. I trust that there is a solid social contract between individuals who go to camping festivals and individuals who go to non- camping festivals
MatthewBarnes
Friday, Sep 14, 2018 9:06 am
MatthewBarnes
Yoga presents extend your muscles and increment your scope of movement. With normal practice, they'll enhance your flexibility. What's more, despite the fact that yoga isn't vigorous, some exploration discovers it very well may be similarly in the same class as oxygen consuming activity for improving health. write my assignment for me cheap
rautjoy2
Tuesday, Jan 16, 201810:04 am
rautjoy2
Love is the basic unit of life because it is only love if you care for others .Make peoples happy by different way of paper writing services if u want to get love u should give it first.